View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012, 03:44 PM   #51
Nathanael
Groupie
Nathanael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathanael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathanael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathanael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathanael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathanael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathanael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathanael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathanael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathanael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathanael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sibrary G5
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForsCream View Post
I also meet this kind of issue before, I am living out of America and used to buy 2-3 books in Barnes&Noble.
When I finish checking out with my international VISA, B&N told me that I am not allowed to download the books as I am not using a native USA credit card.
I'm surprised you were allowed to purchase the books in the first place.

I also live outside the States. Just yesterday I purchased five ebooks from B&N. First time in three years I'd bought anything at B&N and the CC I had on file had expired. When I attempted to enter a new one, the site said it had to have a US billing address.

No problem for me. I simply entered my new (non-US) CC number, kept the old (US) billing address, and was able to purchase and download my books. Apparently, B&N doesn't actually verify the billing address against the card. Try entering your international VISA number and make up a US billing address.

However, the books I bought weren't DRM-encumbered (and this discussion reaffirms for me why I never buy DRM-encumbered ebooks; I'll go to the darknet first), so perhaps that's why I was able to download them.
Nathanael is offline   Reply With Quote