View Single Post
Old 10-14-2010, 02:25 AM   #12
tthorne
tthorne has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by abookreader View Post
No. For the internet to work it will need to be registered with Amazon.
Really? You bought it to put PDF files on? Have you actually seen how a PDF file looks on a 6" screen?

Nevermind. Either sell it to the interested party or if you end up keeping that Kindle you will likely want to learn how to buy books from Amazon and other places, liberate them from DRM, and side load them onto the Kindle. It is an imperfect solution but at least you'll be able to read your books.

We really can't give you the instructions for that here but if you Google around it is pretty easy to figure out.

I feel kind of bad for you that you paid $120 for that thing when for $139 you could have had a new WiFi with a full warranty from Amazon.
Thanks abookreader. I work in the film/TV industry and read scripts by the dozen. During pilot season alone (January to April) I read upwards of 10,000 pages and the Kindle is a great way to be green (save paper) and not have to carry a big, heavy box of scripts wherever I go. On the green note, I think I am going to get everyone in my company switched over to a Kindle.

Surprisingly, when I'm not reading the scripts, my favorite thing to do is read books...
tthorne is offline   Reply With Quote