View Single Post
Old 10-02-2014, 12:44 PM   #918
japinder
jp
japinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Onyx Boox Note Air, Remarkable 1, Kindle Oasis 2
You guys are worth your weight in gold.

Will:

Replacing -rt 90 with -ls did the trick.

After much trial & error, I guess the default fit width is the best bet. Using this, sometimes the diagrams get cut off, but its the best option for text (that's what books are for, right?). I tried to play around with the grid option, it is good for the diagrams, but not so for the continuity of text. With/without specifying the output size for my M96, & due in part to the inefficiently/over-zealously cropped margins in briss, I think it struggles to fill the pages with the available content & leaves empty space at the bottom of the page (if viewed in output landscape mode). Just not worth the trouble. I'll just leave the thinking to k2pdfopt.

Mark:

M96 software is still a work in progress. Its default reader allows full screen landscape mode but has a lot of lags (5-10 seconds or more) while switching pages even in the latest software version, & sometimes garbles/eats up page contents altogether. Other apps like ezPDF are better, but then they don't turn pages with buttons/d-pad in landscape & need to move the page with stylus, or need elaborate workarounds like a precise zoom, assigning volume keys for page flip & then work perfectly. Phew!

All-in-all I guess conversion to landscape using k2pdf & then asking M96's native viewer to treat it as normal portrait is the most efficient compromise.

Jp
japinder is offline   Reply With Quote