View Single Post
Old 10-02-2014, 09:00 AM   #917
markom
Banned
markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs t1 kindle dx ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by japinder View Post

EDIT: I'm pretty happy with the default fit width conversion with k2pdfopt. The split into two pages exactly is just something extra to have, so that I can be aware of the page boundaries, since I've already removed the margins including page numbers in briss.

I also saw the option -bp & instead of fit width, tried to specify '-bp -f2p 2', '-bp -f2p 2 -col 1', along with '-rt 90' but its creating even more issues (horizontal text split across adjacent pages, or only rotation with the original page being moved to the right in landscape keeping the left half empty) rather than solving the existing ones.

EDIT 2: PM sent.

Jp
When using -grid 1x2x2 command, you should use it in copy "conversion mode", not in other "conversion modes" (trim, default, fitpage, fitwidth) if you want the page and boundaries to remain as they are after cropping the page in half.

Also check "rotate to landscape" box if uncheked, and if correct -w and -h width/hight size for your reader is showed there in the field.

First picture: -grid command used in copy conversion mode; the whole width of the page selected for rotation to landscape (both red frames stretched maximally)

Second picture: -grid command used in default or fitpage/fitwidth/trim "conversion mode"; just text proper will be selected when possible (second red frame), so no boundaries will be visible after rotation to landscape.

To be able to see (in preview window or in pdf file) how k2pdfopt interprets the page (those red frames) you should check "generate marked-up source" box.

Last edited by markom; 10-02-2014 at 12:54 PM.
markom is offline   Reply With Quote