View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 10:14 AM   #125
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepk View Post
twobob, I'm working on an aloop.sh variant that adds a group index. The idea is for java to use the index to group similar entries together and colorize zebra-style. Useful you think? It will be later today because right now I have an emergency.
BTW, do you object at changing the separator character from the current one to hex 01? The current one is actually > 255 and sort doesn't like that (in its option list). I looked at the java class and it seems to me any char will do, as long as it's guaranteed to not be part of the label.
An un-printable control character might be hard to find problems with.

Why not a printable one, which can not appear in a file or pathname?
":", "|", are two that are often used.

Where "|" might be a poor choice if the "action" can be a one-line script.
But the dir path separator ":" should be safe.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote