View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 04:01 PM   #1
conanfan
Me Lurk Here Long Time
conanfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conanfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conanfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conanfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conanfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conanfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conanfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conanfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conanfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conanfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conanfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis; PW1+3g; Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 Pro; KF HDX 7;
Free and Bargain Fantasy/SciFi Ebooks October 2012

Nightbird, I love your monthly free and bargain horror threads, so I humbly apologize if I am stepping on your toes here, but I thought I'd start a similar thread for Fantasy/SciFi, and kick it off with this:

Kosmonaut Zero by Richard Evans is free at Amazon:

Marina Mernova is older sister to little Leon, Moscow resident – and a young KGB officer. She is given a simple mission to find a missing scientist of high value to the Soviet space programme. She navigates 1960s Russia, a land of rockets and shortages, a Cold War utopia with a paranoid underbelly – and her search uncovers visionary technologies that shatter the limits of humanity and longevity.

Marina is sacrificed and reborn as Kosmonaut Zero – a body sculpted from flesh and metal, controlled by drugs and a primitive computer interface.

But what remains of Marina once she is turned into something designed to exist not on Earth, but in deep space? Will she get back to Earth and her beloved brother?

"Excellent Science Fiction" Rosten Blog

"Mindblowing" Universe Magazine

More praise for Richard Evans:

"Think Asimov. Think Blade Runner. Think Richard Evans." Book Munch.

Touch Sensitive (short story, 2007) - "Moving & delicately written – one of the anthology's clear front runners." Stool Pigeon Magazine

"Manchester's greatest science fiction writer." Anthony H. Wilson

Last edited by conanfan; 10-03-2012 at 05:54 PM. Reason: Thread Title Messed Up.
conanfan is offline   Reply With Quote