View Single Post
Old 07-21-2013, 05:23 PM   #24
Sil_liS
Wizard
Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 903 & 360+
Quote:
Originally Posted by odiakkoh View Post
As easy as opting out of thread subscription notifications.

So you wouldn't use it, cool. Others would. Just pointing out that just because someone can't see how they would use a feature doesn't make it a useless feature.
Useless (to me personally, not in general) wouldn't be a problem. I think that it will influence how people interact. A while back there was a new member that got upset because he/she didn't immediately get a reply to a post.

By that I mean that he/she made a post at 03:35 PM and another at 03:59 PM, and while neither contained a question, a reply must have been expected, because at at 04:50 PM (yes, on the same day) came this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by log View Post
Wow, just because I'm a new member I'm getting ignored? Not enough "karma"?
I know that this is an extreme case, and I haven't encountered the situation again, but without quote notification someone actually considered that not getting a reply within an hour and 15 minutes of posting meant that he/she was being ignored.
Sil_liS is offline   Reply With Quote