View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 06:09 AM   #37
NullNix
Guru
NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Oasis 1
I mostly agree with your positive assessment of the Paperwhite. My only 'what the hell, Amazon' moment has come on finding that if you email things (converted via, e.g., Calibre) to your Kindle address, and it's a Paperwhite on the other end, the tag is unconditionally reset to PDOC, so back issues are never archived but *also* cannot be put in a collection, so they clutter up your index more and more as time goes by. So the device both knows it is a periodical and thinks it isn't, at the same time.

This seems like something which would be fairly easy (as these things go) to fix on a jailbroken Kindle: if something turns up over the wireless link which looks like a periodical but which has the wrong tag, fix the tag... thanks, Amazon, this worked perfectly on the K4. (And do I want to send all my periodicals via USB? Not hardly. Having emailed periodicals turn up while I'm still asleep is wonderful. I'd be much more willing to use USB for regular books than for periodicals, since regular books are purchased via an act of will and turn up at intermittent intervals rather than routinely.)
NullNix is offline   Reply With Quote