View Single Post
Old 07-23-2011, 01:09 AM   #1
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Fire HD, Aluratek Libre
Loading after disconnect takes forever

Um, yes, what the thread title says. After loading new books to the 950 with either Calibre or Kobo, I always make sure to eject the reader with the Eject buttons in whichever software I was using at the time. After it's bene ejected/dismounted, then I remove the USB cable. I spend most of my day job telling people why using "safely remove" is vital for not losing your wedding photos, so I'm kind of anal about the eject-thing.

The thing is that every time I do that, it takes several minutes for the loading screen on the 950 (the arrow circle) to go away and the new books become accessible. I get most of my ebooks from Smashwords, but it happens with books from other distributors as well. Once the loading screen goes away, the reader acts perfectly normal again.

But why is it taking it literally minutes to load/recover from being ejected and disconnected? It didn't use to take this long.
ScalyFreak is offline   Reply With Quote