View Single Post
Old 11-08-2014, 02:33 PM   #14
janjanjan
Enthusiast
janjanjan for a long time would go to bed early.janjanjan for a long time would go to bed early.janjanjan for a long time would go to bed early.janjanjan for a long time would go to bed early.janjanjan for a long time would go to bed early.janjanjan for a long time would go to bed early.janjanjan for a long time would go to bed early.janjanjan for a long time would go to bed early.janjanjan for a long time would go to bed early.janjanjan for a long time would go to bed early.janjanjan for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: Nook Classic, Nook ST Glow
I've used Clips to listen to audiobooks since the first one was available. I typically have 3 Clips in use at any given time. I know that sounds crazy, but when I'm traveling, I might not get a chance to charge the device or download books often and that way I can basically go a week or so listening to several books without doing either.

My favorite Clip is the Clip+. I don't use video, don't care about the cover art, thus don't need the color display on the Zip. The Zips I bought became defective quickly, with the audio in-jack becoming loose, meaning that my volume would disappear occasionally. I also find the controls easier to use on the +.

I don't buy audiobooks, just download using Overdrive from our library. I strongly prefer the WMA format because files are much smaller (less than half the size as MP3 files), making downloading quicker. I do need to manually select the MTP usb setting to sideload WMA-DRM files.

These little babies can be bought for less than $30, and are workhorses.
janjanjan is offline   Reply With Quote