View Single Post
Old 09-10-2013, 12:01 AM   #58
freekobo
Addict
freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabry View Post
Have you evaluated the idea to use kexec and to load new kernel without writing nothing to internal SD ?
I don't know if original kernel have kexec support, but if yes could be an important option, more useful if used with an image for external sd slot (for kobo reader with it).
Nothing to open, no risk (internal sd will remain like original apart some scripts), more simple for newbie users (with pre-made scripts and images)
I like this idea...too bad I dont know how to program or I would help. It would be awesome for single custom images for linux apps like say...chrome...with multi-touch support.
freekobo is offline   Reply With Quote