View Single Post
Old 01-21-2024, 03:26 PM   #2045
Shohreh
Zealot
Shohreh can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Shohreh can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Shohreh can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Shohreh can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Shohreh can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Shohreh can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Shohreh can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Shohreh can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Shohreh can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Shohreh can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Shohreh can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: none
Hello,

I'm going through the options in k2pdfopt in order to read PDFs on a 6" e-reader, and have a few questions:

1. Are "Native PDF output" and "Re-flow text" related? I notice they are mutually exclusive, and sometimes are only available in certain modes

2. Under the hood, what is "reflow text", really? Does it mean that k2pdfopt will move text blocks leftward + downward, combine them into a single page before turning it from native PDF to a bitmap?

3. Would I have more chance converting a PDF into EPUB if I first run it through k2optpdf before opening its simplified output into Calibre and export as EPUB?

Thank you.
--
Edit: For some reason, -title "Some title" → "Some title.pdf"

Code:
k2pdfopt.exe -author "Some author" -title "Some title" -mode fw -p 1-5 -ls- intput.pdf
--
Edit: cropping doesn't remove data, it only hides them, and they show again when using Calibre to convert the cropped PDF to EPUB.

Is there a way to really remove the cropped data so it's gone in the output PDF?

Code:
k2pdfopt.exe -mode crop -cbox 0in,0.7in,-1in,-1in -o output.pdf input.pdf
ebook-convert.exe output.pdf output.epub --enable-heuristics

Last edited by Shohreh; 01-22-2024 at 05:19 AM.
Shohreh is offline   Reply With Quote