View Single Post
Old 02-22-2018, 02:55 AM   #1
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
Open with... (testing a new feature)

Hi

Thank you for your tireless efforts to improve Koreader. According to the github site a new and amazing feature "open with" has just been added (highlighting is mine). I would be very keen to test it.

Quote:
Those willing to experiment can try the new Open with… option (#3653, #3678). You can choose which rendering engine to use for files that are supported by multiple rendering engines. Most notably you can choose to use either crengine or MuPDF for EPUB and FB2 files. MuPDF support is still experimental, but it may be faster in some cases. T
According to the MuPDF site, i should first set up some preferences to tune the rendering engine for Epub viewing:

MuPDF can open PDF, XPS, CBZ, and EPUB documents.
Command Line Options

Code:
-p password
    The password needed to open a password protected PDF file. 
-r resolution
    Set the initial zoom level, specified as DPI. The default value is 72. 
-W width
    Set the page width in points for EPUB layout. 
-H height
    Set the page height in points for EPUB layout. 
-S size
    Set the default font size in points for EPUB layout. 
-U stylesheet
    Specify a CSS file containing user styles to load for EPUB layout.
I have the latest OTA update (v2015.11-1525-gca6a486) but cannot find it. Am I missing something? (PW3 Kindle)

Last edited by roger64; 02-22-2018 at 03:49 AM.
roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote