View Single Post
Old 01-14-2018, 12:30 PM   #75
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
Yeah. What exactly is your expertise in this field? Are you a practicing attorney in the US, or is it mostly Google searches?

I don't think you understand what the appeal to authority fallacy actually is.

Here is the definition for the logically fallacious web site

Description: Using an authority as evidence in your argument when the authority is not really an authority on the facts relevant to the argument. As the audience, allowing an irrelevant authority to add credibility to the claim being made.

Referencing practicing lawyers and law classes about matters of law is not an appeal to authority fallacy. Referencing my high school teacher on the matter when he had not training on the law would be. One of the more common appeal to authority fallacy that one sees is citing a specific scientist on a matter that is not in his or her area of expertise.
Ok real life scenario : I sold all the rights to a short story years ago. The company I sold it to has since sold out. What are the chances I can get my rights back without a long legal battle?
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote