View Single Post
Old 03-25-2014, 10:26 PM   #561
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Manage: Authors has a place (field) for links
Into which you can put a link to a folder, into which you can put whatever files you like, including as many url files as you want.

Social Media sites come and go - My Space is yesterday, I recently read that many Twitter users are switching to ????? (forget), I would want LinkedIn, others Baidu. It only takes a moment to drag a URL out of a browser into a folder.

A possible enhancement to calibre could be to allow users to add files into the author folders and put a button in Manage Authors - Use Author folder as Author Link. So click author name in Book details and the folder opens. This probably wouldn't entail any database changes but it would require changes to the Library folder management functions - Author Name changes, copy to library etc.

Another way might be to provide a Comments field for Authors and use the Link widget to add SocMed links. More elegant but this probably would entail database changes.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote