View Single Post
Old 07-13-2013, 03:11 PM   #23
livramax
Addict
livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST, Aura HD, Galaxy Note 8, Fire HD10, Galaxy S6 Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by lapsedgeek View Post
I've bought a Nook HD+ since they went on sale because BN is not doing so well lately with the nook. I'm very excited about having a tablet that I could afford!! In reading about how to root it, I came across some posts that BN developers have created a way to prevent rooting once you have powered up and connected the nook to a network. Something about preventing the boot process from looking at anything except their image. This would effectively prevent me from rooting it if I turn it on etc. Is this true? (sorry if my terms aren;t totally correct, its been awhile...)
No, it's not true. My HD+, which was bought during the last BN sale, registered with B&N and subsequently updated via the network to the latest stock ROM version, can boot off an SD running CM10 or rooting software just fine.

However, there have been reports that some recent HD+ units have problem cold-booting (i.e., booting from power-off state) off an SD card: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2288688. The only way to know if your HD+ has this problem is to create a bootable SD card and try to boot off it from power-off.

See http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2062613 for tips/pointers for rooting/modding the HD+.

Last edited by livramax; 07-13-2013 at 03:19 PM.
livramax is offline   Reply With Quote