View Single Post
Old 06-04-2017, 08:52 AM   #114
cliver
Connoisseur
cliver will become famous soon enoughcliver will become famous soon enoughcliver will become famous soon enoughcliver will become famous soon enoughcliver will become famous soon enoughcliver will become famous soon enoughcliver will become famous soon enough

Device: Android, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by vickan__ View Post
Anyway, I ordered a Kobo Aura ONE now, which is kind of bigger than I would have preferred, but the other features seem to make it worthwhile. I did read the comments saying that Kobos might have ads soon. If it works well for me as an eReader then I probably won't mind too much. I'll never buy anything from an ad tho, so it's a wasted effort on me. I don't really mind either if I can't jailbreak the Kobo easily or not, IF it has the features I want out of the box. And it seems like it does. Thanks for all the advice and feedback
Hi vickan_,
Did you get the Aura ONE?
How do you find it?
I am in a similar position in that I have a Kindle Paperwhite Edition 2 which has updated so I can't root it .
I love the reading experience on it but hate the book management so am looking for something that:
  1. Has as good as or better eInk screen
  2. Has better book management (mainly for series sorting)
  3. Has decent battery life
  4. Is reasonably responsive
To be honest I would probably be happy with the Kindle if I could jailbreak it as I know there are add ons available to work with calibre but I would like to move away from Amazon if I can.
Kobo looks to be the way to go. I have looked at the H2O and the Aura ONE but some reviews say they are unresponsive and I'm not sure I want a "massive" screen. So your feedback, and anyone else with any input would be appreciated.
Regards
Clive
cliver is offline   Reply With Quote