View Single Post
Old 11-07-2008, 03:41 PM   #2
RCR
Addict
RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2 x Sony 505, iPad, Samsung 7 Tablet, ASUS Transformer, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by billbirchall View Post
I have recently downloaded a book by David Eddings called Tamuli, from All About Ebooks. I converted the file using Calibre, to LRF for reading on my Sony PRS-505. Unfortunately, the converted file is awful to read as in a number of instances, sentences finish halfway across a line and finish on the next line. Is there anything that can be done to improve the presentation. Should I have used Calibre, should I converted to some other format?

Any guidance will be appreciated.
Forum members much more expert than I am will no doubt jump in to help you shortly.

I don't think telling us the book was a RAR file helps much. RAR files are zipped files that can be of any format. Your RAR file was possibly a PDF or LIT or HTML. After you have identified it, you will find discussions elsewhere on this forum on how best to convert it.

Personally I like to reduce all ebook files to text and then use hard sweaty manual labour in Ebook Tidy and MS WORD to turn it into a nice RTF file - but there are more efficient methods.

Second thoughts:

(Umm.... RAR files are usually torrent downloads these days. Are you SURE it came from All About Ebooks? People here will be reluctant to help you if it is a pirate).

Last edited by RCR; 11-07-2008 at 03:55 PM. Reason: after thoughts
RCR is offline   Reply With Quote