View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 06:18 AM   #12
NightBird
Wizard
NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KF, KF HD, iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by conanfan View Post
Well, I read it, and I thought it was a bit of a mess. The writing was free of obvious grammatical errors, but the story never got weird enough, and the characters were very poorly realized. Compared to some other Lovecraftian stuff I've read recently (most notably, That Which Should Not Be by Brett Talley), it just wasn't very good...
Thanks for the update. I guess this one will go to the bottom of my TBR pile. lol.

Maybe this one will be better: Mythos Revisited, a free anthology from Fantastic Horror Press.

Quote:
Mythos Revisted opens the doors once breached by H.P. Lovecraft and the like. Ten tales to scare and delight. Beware, not all doors should be opened and not all books should be read.

An Inquiry Into Ancient Texts by A.J. French
There are libraries that contain rare books but this library contains forbidden books of great evil worth the price of any transgression.

Bad Blood by Chris Stevens
A missing father, a mother with powers, two sons at odds with each other in a decrepit house with the Book. The Book can raise the dead, summon demons from beyond, and right wrongs. But the book desires blood above all else.

Tongue Lashing by Eric Styles
A son verbally abused by an arrogant father, unwittingly acquires the Book. Tonight, he gains the respect of his father but tomorrow the Book claims its fee with deathly results.

The Book of Callings by Richard Eline
It is a remarkable book with references to the sciences and the occult and when read, it offers a life idyllic and pure. That is the path to madness, the place from which no one returns.

Spawn of the Spider God by Patricia Correll
Three men search the Amazonian jungle for the fabled City of Gold and what they find does not glitter and sparkle, except with their blood.

Gammell by E. Albert Branstrom
What happened that day was child's play, she would say in later years. But four men died that day in what certainly wasn't, child's play.

For a Bit of Good Luck by Phillip Roberts
There's something in the basement and it's coming for you.

The Door by Larry Buontello
In the arid badlands of Texas stands a rundown homestead that hides a nightmare beyond the mind of man

The Painted Door by George Pastore
Even the aimless and wasted have a purpose in life and it waits behind the Painted Door.

Durango Agonistes Died Yesterday by Dave Fragments
A neighbor predicts the return of the Old Gods -- the Shambler, the Gargoyle and the One who Sleeps. Is he the oracle or a Cassandra? When a comet appears and the streets run red with blood, do you seek out him out as savior or as a friend of death?
I just finished Zombie by Joyce Carol Oates. It wasn't too bad, and there were some shocking parts, but it was too obvious that she based the character on Jeffrey Dahmer. I think if his whole story weren't so familiar it would have been a lot more horrendous. It also ended very abruptly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
I thought a few of the buyers of Morse's books (of which I am one), would enjoy seeing the Frank Frazetta cover from his horror novel,"The Flesh Eaters."

I'll be starting this as soon as I finish his award-winning mystery novel, "The Old Dick."

Don
I like that cover a lot better than the one they're using now.

Last edited by NightBird; 11-12-2012 at 06:46 AM.
NightBird is offline   Reply With Quote