View Single Post
Old 08-10-2012, 05:17 AM   #45
andreabc
Zealot
andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle (4th gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skibble View Post
I can see why pulling in all results, as opposed to only those available for lending, would be desirable. For one thing, it allows users to confirm lending availability one way or another. If searching for a book title returns a null result, uncertainty remains. Is the book not lendable, or has it simply not been added to the database yet? Did the user input the title wrong, preventing search from recognizing it, or was the title correct? Etc. Listing all books allows users to make sure. They can see the book, and they can see what options are available for reading it.
Pretty much all books were listed... I think I remember that books that weren't lending enabled had "not available to borrow" instead of "request to borrow" next to the "buy" button. In any case, most of these lending sites have a bit of a hard time keeping up with status changes, so sometimes books that were once lending enabled (but are no longer so) might end up listed "in the wrong column".

I still think that some of the confusion came it not being clear when you searched for a book that the site didn't have any copies listed (if there were no copies, instead of showing a "0", it just said "request to borrow")... But in any case, that's no excuse for attacking before reading the FAQ.
andreabc is offline   Reply With Quote