View Single Post
Old 03-23-2012, 05:36 AM   #51
scoiattolo49
scoiattolo49 can extract oil from cheesescoiattolo49 can extract oil from cheesescoiattolo49 can extract oil from cheesescoiattolo49 can extract oil from cheesescoiattolo49 can extract oil from cheesescoiattolo49 can extract oil from cheesescoiattolo49 can extract oil from cheesescoiattolo49 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle, iPad, iPhone, etc..
Just to summarise:

- Personal Documents Service does work across all platform but Cloud, Fire and PC reader. It always has.
The books will became "documents" (PDOK in 501) but they will be synchronized on any reader where you download them.
The main disadvantage of this method is that you will not be able to see the details of the book and share/read comments and annotation from other people.

- you can use iTunes to add to the document folder. Also in this case they will became "documents". No synch across readers.

- you can copy the books directly in /Library/eBooks/ in the Kindle app directory (for iOS I suggest using iFunbox).
In this case they must be existing ebooks sold by Amazon having a ASIN code, correctly inserted into the (113) ASIN field.
In fact now Kindle checks (via ASIN code) that the book exist and only after it synchronize it.
You can see this happening by the fact that without a internet connection on the device the cover on the book is not loaded even if the book has it (and you can read the book). Only after the check the cover is loaded and the book synchronized.
I suspect also that you must have a Kindle reader and the book must be first loaded there for the all synch to work (i.e. it doesn't work if you only use iOS and/or Android readers).

Last edited by scoiattolo49; 03-23-2012 at 11:57 AM.
scoiattolo49 is offline   Reply With Quote