View Single Post
Old 05-23-2011, 08:34 AM   #146
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB622, Nexus7, Sony PRS 350, Tolino und nur noch wenig toter Baum:(
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebookof View Post
A repack for firmware 2.0.6 would be great.

In the meantime, I have updated the firmware to 2.0.6 without any problem. I have also used alternate ways to add Android Market, which succeeded, but I have been unable to root my device and install a2sd.

I have used the second method in the Non-Ugly Method to add AndroidMarket with the new files for firmware 2.0.6 (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=128178 ; i.e. adb not used). AndroidMarket works perfectly.

After that, I have tried to root the Pocketbook IQ following the directions given at: https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Pocketbook_IQ_701 , in order to be able to add a2sd.

When the Pocketbook IQ restarts, I have the SuperUser icon. However, it seems to be very unstable. When I open Z4Root or Root Check or Root Explorer, SuperUser crashes. Root Check indicates (after Superuser crashes) that the device is not rooted, but that Busybox is properly installed.

When I start Z4Root, it first only gives me the options to root temporarily or permanently. Only after approximately 10 seconds does it show the option to un-root. I have un-rooted and re-rooted, but with no better success. The issues are still the same.

What is wrong here? Am I unable to root the device because I used first the non-ugly method to add Android Market? Or is it another issue (e.g. is it related to the 2.0.6 firmware?).

In addition to Busybox (v. 1.17.2), it is indicated that I have version 2.3.6.1 of Superuser (database version 5) and Su binary v2.3.1 -ef. USB debugging was checked, as indicated in the instructions.

Thank you in advance for your help.
Again in this thread:
1. Flash 2.0.6
2. Flash a2sd
3. Flash market install and follow the stepst described in "non ugly market Install"
4. If you like flash new boot logo from here

Please forget about the Fake_AV_..., the included Titanium Backup makes things very unstable
Attached Files
File Type: zip a2sd_v04_PB701SWUPDATE.zip (1.24 MB, 378 views)
File Type: zip Fake_AV_root_PB701SWUPDATE.zip (1.94 MB, 354 views)
File Type: zip InstallMarketOnly_PB701SWUPDATE.zip (4.48 MB, 416 views)
File Type: zip RestoreFramework206_PB701SWUPDATE.zip (2.63 MB, 337 views)

Last edited by troll05; 06-10-2011 at 06:03 AM.
troll05 is offline   Reply With Quote