View Single Post
Old 01-15-2008, 01:17 PM   #3
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmbs View Post
Dennis, I'm only saying this because you seem to believe you've got the book formatted in a way that you really don't.

Your table of contents is not linked to the software's table of contents button. That means a person has to go hunting for it, which takes a long time. Navigation is greatly improved when it's linked. You can link it by using the Guide in Mobipocket Creator.

Also, your justification IS set for full and it CANNOT be changed. You should totally remove any reference to justification in your page code in order to allow the reader to set it the way he or she wants it.
I thought I'd neutered that. I use Book Designer to massage the HTML, and import the result to Mobi Creator. The forced justification is a BD annoyance: it insists on sticking an align=justify in every <DIV> statement, and I have to go through with a text editor and delete that stuff after the fact.

Quote:
Your cover image works fine. Good job on that.
Thank you.

Quote:
Do you have the desktop reader? It's free and will allow you to test the files you create.
Yes. I have Mobi Reader for the desktop, and Mobi Creator is set to call it to display the built PRC for debugging. I also test with Mobi reader 5.3 on my Palm OS device.

I'm uploading a new version that does neuter the forced justification, and I experimented with putting in the Guide info, but I suspect that doesn't work. (It doesn't seem to here, but I'm still wrapping my head around what is required to specify that correctly.)

Thanks for the report. that's the sort of feedback I wanted. Try this one and tell me what you get.
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote