View Single Post
Old 06-27-2018, 03:14 PM   #41
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
I read via Marvin on iOS (no DRM support at all) so for me, not having to jump through hoops was very much appreciated. Particularly so as I didn't have an activated ADE setup at the time so I've stopped buying ADE encrypted books.

There's an (invisible) hash embedded throughout the books identifying the purchaser (in case it gets uploaded to torrents, etc). However, the books don't require download and activation of special software or anything to copy and read on any epub reader.
I'm sure you're right on that. I just never noticed, LOL! I guess, though, in looking at the technical side, that enormous fortune could afford the additional costs of individualized watermarking. I can't imagine anyone else's books, ever, really, being that popular or having that much profit in them. (To pay for that type of watermarking cost.)

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote