View Single Post
Old 11-15-2018, 05:30 PM   #30
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
And none of that disagrees with what I said. But, you are testing using 0.0 as the current firmware version. There is an update relative to version 0.0. But, relative to version 4.11.11980, the only affiliate updated is "rakutenbooks". So, any Forma already on 4.11.11980 won't be offered an update. Anyone setting up a Forma for the first time today, or who hadn't updated to 4.11.11980, will get 4.11.11982.

As I said, it is probably some small tweak for the Japanese market. Something not considered an issue for others so not worthwhile updating any devices already on 4.11.11980. That firmware is less than a week old, and it would be annoying to have such a quick update if there is nothing for you. Maybe the plan is to let it go to the pre-4.11.11980 devices first, and then update the rest later. Or maybe they will just leave it until a release for the other devices is made.

Hi David (yeah long time, eh)

I received my forma on Wednesday this week, and it auto installed version:
4.11.11982 (83d4c9392f) 11/6/18

I bought it through jbhifi.

PS I use jbhifi's Friends and Family program, because I'm alumni of UTS, and I paid $384.55, and $40.32 for the kobo cover
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote