View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 03:23 PM   #5
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arios View Post
Turtle91,

Did you try to play with auto settings?

I'm getting good results with:

Code:
img {
height:auto;
max-width:100%; 
}
on Sigil and eReaders.
Yes, I played with those for a bit. That definitely works for keeping the image in the correct aspect ratio. Thanks!

However, AUTO will only go up to 100% of the actual image height. That works great if the image is larger than the container/display - it will scale down appropriately. But it does NOT allow you to enlarge an image that is smaller to fill the screen.

I guess one would ask, "Why do you want to enlarge an image - it will just lose resolution and start to look yucky." That's true. But most of the images I have were originally scaled down to about 600 pixels high. I could zoom in on them a little without having them look too bad in the previous version, now I can't...and it appears I won't be able to when HTML5 gets fully implemented.

One quirk I found with Sigil is that the image does not automatically re-size when a pane is opened, taking up some of the viewer real estate.

eg. I have an image (cover.html) filling the entire height of the BookView pane (with the F/R) pane closed. When I open the F/R pane, the image does not resize. If the F/R pane was open when I fit the image to the BV pane then when I close the F/R pane, the image re -sizes properly. The same thing applies when I am looking at the Preview pane. Re-sizing of the image is correct when I drag the Inspector window down, but not when I drag it up. It will only refresh the preview image when I select a different tab, or switch from BV to CV.

Cheers!
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote