View Single Post
Old 03-28-2012, 11:04 AM   #60
Solitaire1
Samurai Lizard
Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NookColor
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The new timeline is an alternate timeline. If it wasn't, it would be a paradox and that's not allowed to happen. So what happened was once the timeline changed, it became another timeline.

As for the books, they are very good and I do suggest you keep on reading.
The following is my own view on the new Star Trek movie and its resulting timelines (I'll put it in a spoiler for those who've not seen the movie):

Spoiler:
The way the movie presented it, I think that there are the following timelines:

- When Nero and Crew (N&C) reappears the timeline splits in two and these are the results:

-- Timeline One: N&C does not appear. This is the original timeline.

-- Timeline Two: N&C reappears. The beginning of the movie takes place in this timeline.

- When Spock-Prime reappears, once again the timeline splits in two with the following resulting timelines:

-- Timeline One: Original timeline, neither N&C and/or Spock-Prime reappear.

-- Timeline Two: N&C does appear but Spock-Prime does not reappear. Again, the beginning of the movie takes place in this timeline.

-- Timeline Three: N&C and Spock-Prime both reappear. This is the timeline where the movie takes place.

To me, once N&C and Spock-Prime left the original timeline they can never return to it.
Solitaire1 is offline   Reply With Quote