View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 12:23 PM   #62
slowfax
Connoisseur
slowfax is the One.slowfax is the One.slowfax is the One.slowfax is the One.slowfax is the One.slowfax is the One.slowfax is the One.slowfax is the One.slowfax is the One.slowfax is the One.slowfax is the One.

Device: miflalmXD
I have a lot of different readers. For me the best and simplest reader is PocketBook 622 Touch. Easy to handle, highly customizable and no problem at all in about nine months. The support is great, at least in Germany (and in the German language section here in MR). Users have influence to the software development. PB reacts very fast and user-friedly, if there are any complaints or wishes.
I also had no technical problems at all with my Sony readers. I didn't ever need support, so I cannot say very much about supports quality. Software upgrades happen, but not very often.
Kobo is a pain in the a**. I know the Kobo Touch and the Glo. The software gets worse from upgrade to upgrade. The devices freeze and reboot on a regular basis. These are personal experiences with my Kobo devices. I can imagine, that there are also working Kobos on the market and that I just bought bad exemplars.
slowfax is offline   Reply With Quote