View Single Post
Old 07-19-2011, 03:48 PM   #19
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdresor View Post
Thanks for this great answer!
>> even a caveman can do it >>
Well, when I tried to fix the 3-button combo on my SG1 I bricked it. Completely. So I needed to have an American (mobiletechvideos.com) to fix it for 50 bucks. But I have an American friend coming to Europe in November. Might be able to wait that long ......
When folks say you can't brick a nook what they mean is even if you completely ruin the install and render your device un-bookable you can easily restore it or add a different ROM.
The reason is because B&N, bless their hearts, made the nook Hardware microSD bootable. You can completely run the os off of a microSD card and not even touch the stock os.

If you wait until November your choices might get much harder, and it is rumored that amazon, asus, and acer will have a 7" tablet by then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdresor View Post
I actually donĀ“t understand how the price can be so low on the Nook.
As for the bezel - I now learned a new word - I guess I could cope with that too. Is it small enough to hold in one hand (I have fairly large ones)?
Well it's best if I don't presume to know how big your hands are and just say for me I often read with only one hand and am able to advance to the next page by swiping or tapping on the screen.
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote