View Single Post
Old 07-19-2011, 12:45 PM   #17
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdresor View Post
So I am thinking about a p1000 or a nook color. The first I think is better but more expensive. The second I need to root etc, and I also need an American to bring it to me ;-)
The WIFI Tab is on par to the nook(CPU/Graphics card(GPU)/RAM/internal storage). For $100 more you get, Gorilla Glass, 2 cameras, working BT stack and a few software enh. The 3G model has a better GPU and CPU plus it also has a few external I/O.

What the nook gives you over the Tab is a better screen IPS vs TFT and longer battery life. Also the nook community has made rooting/ROMing so easy even a caveman can do it. So it is very easy to get up and running with CM7 (Gingerbread), where the Samsung Tab is still difficult to root and rom.

However buying an American to ship bring you a nook might offset the $100 saving .

Quote:
I am also thinking about upgrading my SGI to SG2, but maybe I think the screen difference (4.3" to 7") is too little...? Many very important questions to consider.
That's a 40% screen increase, it is significant.Ever since I rooted/ROM my nook I don't use my phone that much. Except for calls and text messages. If I need Internet access I just enable Mobile AP on my GSI and use the nook.

Quote:
Interesting though that you state that the Nook is too thick. Also, it has a kind of peculiar look I think. And I read that there is some WiFi issues out there. Anyone out there who has a Nook Color; comments?
He's not referring to the thickness of the nook, but the width of the nook's bezel. The nook is actually thinner than the TAB, but the nook is wider than the TAB because of the bezel.

=X=

Last edited by =X=; 07-19-2011 at 12:45 PM. Reason: Fixed typo
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote