View Single Post
Old 01-28-2019, 05:17 PM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by TdeV View Post
Does anyone add their physical library to their Calibre system? How well does it work? Drawbacks?

TIA
When I started using calibre, I saved a .CSV (authors and title) from an existing Excel spreadsheet, and then used the Import List plugin to create 'books' in an Intake library from the .CSV file. I then edited the metadata in the library - subject tags, publisher, series etc before moving the 'books' to the target library.

When I get a new paper book, I add an empty book (Shift+Ctrl+E) with author, title, and series data (if any) and give it #admin-tags of "paper book" and "_new" and add the other metadata, publisher, pubdate, subject tags etc.

allow entry of ISBN when adding empty book.

Downside - calibre won't fetch the book from the shelf - yet

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 01-28-2019 at 05:20 PM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote