View Single Post
Old 05-05-2010, 01:10 PM   #10
sordie
Enthusiast
sordie began at the beginning.

Device: IREX 800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmueller View Post
It's the same on all my touchscreen units, be it BeBook Neo, iRex 800, iRex iLiad. Maybe the Sony readers are slightly more accurate. But still - way from tablet PCs. I never would use any eInk device for intensive note taking.
I was beginning to think the same, and then I bought the Entourage Edge. The inking on it is superb - truly comparable to a Tablet PC, and absolutely no distortions on the edges, beautifully calibrated to boot. When inking on a PDF, there is a slight lag, but this is clearly an issue with processor speed since the lag isn't there with the note-taking app. After having used the Edge, I am led to believe the issues with Wacom on eInk, are not inherent in hardware, but rather because of poorly designed software.

I am disappointed to read 1000S has had the edge problem for a long time - it really shouldn't exist; it is the same size as Edge's eInk. I really do hope IRex engineers can resolve this and other inking issues in the final release of their software, because I really like my IRex 800 as a portable little device with lots of potential.
sordie is offline   Reply With Quote