View Single Post
Old 01-20-2010, 02:45 PM   #13
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by highwaykind View Post
Are multiple libraries possible yet?
There are two ways to do this, and both are discussed in this thread. You can set up multiple independent libraries and switch within seconds by the wizard under Preferences. Alternatively (and better) you can use the tags.

Quote:
Ideally I'd like to create subfolders (and sub-sub folders..) for main 'categories' within Calibre so I can browse through only a specific section of my book collection (1300 and counting) *
Use the tags, it's much more flexible than folders.

Quote:
(I hate that my 'regular reading Fiction books' are mixed in with the "medical/computer/science/language etc Non Fiction text educational books).
Just tag them medical/computer/science/language etc.

Quote:
I'm using the "download social media" option, so tags are not very useful for real sorting/organizing (some of my own tags are in the downloaded tags as well, and I gave up on manually changing them).
I use this, too. Just add your own tags on top. It's easy to do in bulk. A few seconds will add the medical tag to all your medical books - and it's much faster than separate libraries. If you want to see only your medical books, just type "medical" into the search bar, and everything else disappears. When you add a few dozen medical books, just highlight them all, hit "e" and type "medical" in the tag area. It's done. You don't even need to type all of "medical." Typing "med" will pull up that tag from the list, then hit enter.

Quote:
if anyone else has a solution for creating and browsing through only part of say Fiction - and within Fiction certain subcategories (Biograhpies / Thriller-mystery-Detective /SciFi / Childrens/ Classics etc)
Type "biographies" on the search line, and that's what you see. Heck, just type "biog" and you get what you want. If you want all scifi that's also detective. type "scifi detec" and you get Asimov's robot murder detective stories. Even "sci detec" or "sci murd" (for murder) will probably get it.

I have 3000+ tags from the download social media option, but it's easy to add the few that I normally use with the bulk edit option. Really - you just have to get comfortable with tags and you won't want separate libraries.

Last edited by Starson17; 01-20-2010 at 02:50 PM.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote