View Single Post
Old 12-11-2008, 01:47 PM   #9
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Do we really need the entire article quoted?
I did; Wordpress is blocked by my job's websense. I'm happy that Mobileread is not, and more happy when I don't have to wait six hours to read the article a discussion is about.

(That said, I'm aware that normal protocol would be a link and a paragraph or two, maybe a bullet-point list of highlights. Forums don't need to cater to those on limited web-access.)

Quote:
The thing is, buying one of these "computers" is going to be more expensive and not as portable. The battery life will not last as long.
And heavier. My Sony PRS is as heavy as I want to deal with for a book reader; add a keyboard and other hardware, and it'd be too much to read one-handed on the train... I'd switch back to a PDA and skip the pretty eInk screen.
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote