View Single Post
Old 12-11-2008, 01:12 PM   #8
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
I haven't seen OLED in person. Is it anywhere as easy on the eyes as e-ink? If I could have a little netbook or tablet that was about the size and weight of my Kindle, that was as kind to my eyes and daylight readable I'd switch as long as I could get a full day on a charge. If it's not OLED, I'd still bet that there will be a technology that will fit the bill. I don't think this will be any time really soon, but I do think that stand-alone reading devices won't be with us for the long haul.
The OLED on my Nokia Phone (N85) is not especially readable in sun light. It is back lit and kind of looks like a small laptop screen. I will probably test to read a book usinh the MobiPocket reader for the phone just to test how big difference it is compared to the Gen3.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote