View Single Post
Old 10-18-2008, 12:58 PM   #14
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
It may be that using the 500/505 in 2 color B/W mode, that the .5 seconds is too fast for the screen to refresh.

Can you see if you still have ghosting effect in 4 or 8 tint b/w?
Or run ebooks fromSD card,and/or other formats.

This should be slower to refresh a page (0,8s),but I imagine the ghosting would be less.

Also my impression is that the ghosting happening when plugging in the AC adaptor or USB cable comes from the higher voltage the system is running on.
The internal battery provides (I guess) 3,7V. 3,0V is the minimum for those electronic components to function on. By plugging in the AC adaptor or USB cable you feed the device with 5VDC.

The screen itself gets loaded with a higher voltage (can anyone confirm if the contrast,if when plugged in you get a more dark or intense imprint of the ink?)

Higher voltage probably means the screen gets too little time to discharge the remnant voltage in 0,8 or 0,5 seconds.

The ghosting should also get less the longer you use the device, and the more the battery gets empty.
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote