View Single Post
Old 11-15-2013, 08:43 AM   #26
tmansfield
tmansfield began at the beginning.

Device: Mac, iPad
Having ADE available solves my immediate practical problem to a degree, in that this ADE "book view" refreshes fairly readily after I've made code changes in Sigil. It's just that I would much rather have one program in which I can compose in book view, and then easily switch back and forth between that and code view. (None of the other available options have allowed for the importing of an existing ePub and its subsequent accurate display. They all fail in one way or another. Sigil had been working beautifully, doing exactly what I wanted without complaint, and I miss that.) As things stand, I now have to compose in Sigil code view and then use ADE to monitor the consequent changes.

This is certainly not a significant complaint in the grand scheme of life, and I suppose it just comes down to it being an annoyance whose clunkiness is all the more irritating because it is unnecessary, based solely on my having jumped to Mavericks without having been smart enough to give it several months' worth of debug settling first. Of all the things that the Mavericks update might have broken, this one simply did not occur to me as a possibility. It should have, and I should have left well enough alone.
tmansfield is offline   Reply With Quote