View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013, 01:40 PM   #20
vxf
Guru
vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 350, 900, 950; Kindles (ALL of them!); Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_macd View Post
Just goes to show that no solution is perfect, and no single one will keep everyone happy.
But I'd say... doesn't that argue for giving users options?
I am not saying they should get rid of locations. Just give us the option to switch to page numbers...

And yes, I had a feeling someone would post saying they like this 'location' thing. I don't get it. The only use I have for location is to compute a percentage. Because I have no clue how much is 10,000 locations. So it does not give me an indication of book length.

By the way.... ignorant question... how are locations computed? Some character count?
vxf is offline   Reply With Quote