View Single Post
Old 08-23-2011, 05:40 AM   #59
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
From our past interactions, JS, I hope you've gleaned that I enjoy dissent and appreciate people who argue passionately for their belief in fairness. But in this particular case, you're asking an editor to adhere to a standard of completeness that might exist for you but doesn't in the rest of the publishing world. I understand your point, but being dogmatic about this one book and ignoring the same practice everywhere else isn't really fair either.

And beyond fairness, there's the fact none of you on mobileread are getting paid to create these editions. People should be encouraged for their hard work when their motives are spectacularly unmercenary.

Everyone can find reasons to hate their own output. Sometimes the most constructive thing you can do is avoid telling someone what's wrong with their work and instead praise what's right about it.
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote