View Single Post
Old 03-03-2011, 02:56 AM   #2
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
You just reminded me... When my girl was 3 her grandparents gave her a recorder... I remember it was orange, and the noise... ! ... Shocking!

I thought, if she's going to play on this, I better start learning something... I developed some colour coded notes (that's what these music thingies are called in Denmark) - only a few to begin with... but eventually a whole octave... She learned very fast, and at 6 she was being taught by a pupil of Michaeli Petri...

When we came to Australia, no one could teach her... We went to the Academy of Music, and my daughter had to tell them how to do certain notes...

Eventually they suggested she try the flute... and she gave up on all the music at 9 years old.

I thought about publishing my system, but of course, it wasn't long before it was published everywhere...
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote