View Single Post
Old 08-29-2010, 04:23 AM   #45
vugtitan
Addict
vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erinath View Post
Hi
Please do not take this as me being offensive, however I genuinely think this is not a good idea.

I'm not sure if you've got Kindle DXs confused with the third generation Kindles Amazon have just released, but the Kindle 3 only has a 6" screen. Now that 6" is the size diagonally, the length of the screen is actually more like 12.3 cm, once you allow for the margins you have a viewable width of roughly 11 cm. Once you allowed for the space between columns which would be roughly another 6-7 mm you would be talking about 5.2 cm per column - that's roughly 4 words per line for each column. I suspect this would not make it feel like a book but more like a tabloid newspaper.

I have attached a close-up photo of a typical page in landscape orientation which might help you understand why I wouldn't recommend 2 pages on the screen.
In that image what font size are you using...max or min?

surely it depend on the font size and i thought i saw elsewhere here you could configure the number of words per line and font size and spacing between words and lines

am i right ?

could you do another screen shot showing the smallest font with smallest space between words and lines?
vugtitan is offline   Reply With Quote