View Single Post
Old 04-18-2018, 01:35 AM   #1149
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Snow View Post
@davidfor. Not sure what driver I'm using - I just click "send to device" in calibre and away it goes. I don't use Kepub (everything is a standard epub as far as I know).
If you aren't reading the books as kepub, then you aren't using the extended driver, or at least the not the parts that convert the book to kepub. And that's the important bit. The page counting on the Kobo devices is different between epubs and kepubs.
Quote:
I've done hundreds and hundreds of books using the page count plugin without issue. I have tweaked the ebook though to my own requirements, but I tweak all my books to same so not sure if I did anything or not.
Which page count do you think is correct? I assumed from your first post that you thought the 411 from this plugin was correct. And, because of how it is done, I would expect it to be correct. On the Kobo device, I know how it should be calculated, but, I don't have access to the code to check. I do know that some errors in the code in the book can affect the page numbering on the device. And I do remember seeing something like this, but not for a long time and I don't remember what the solution was.

If you have edited the book, I suggest editing it again and running the error check. That might show something. If you find something and fix it, I would recommend deleting the book from the device before resending it.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote