View Single Post
Old 11-11-2008, 01:01 PM   #4
massyah
massyah began at the beginning.

Device: None yet !
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Sure you can certainly use Finder to just copy stuff over. ...
BOb
Thanks ! I always feel the need to triple check such basic features

Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
The portrait was not readable. The landscape was however, if your script could get rid of the margin maybe the PDF would look acceptable. (Note flip the Landscape 180 the other)

What is wired is even the reflow did not work on the PDF.
Thanks for helping me on this one. I've changed my script and reuploaded two new versions. Would you mind checking if the portrait one is still undreadable ?
Furthermore, the portrait one should be compatible with the reflow feature, how does it go ?
And finally (promise, that's my last one ), I've read that the prs-505 can switch to landscape mode by holding the zoom button for 5 seconds, does it render the portait file readable ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
You might also want to look at PDFRead or PDFLRF which turn the PDF to images while preserving the layout.
=X=
Unfortunately, I'm on a mac, so there's no way to run PDFLRF. Furthermore, I need to upload pdf to the sony on the move by using various computers. Thus I can't assume that PDFRead dependancies hold.

That's the reason behind my small script, it doesn't use any external library (it's built with pypdf, a self contained hand made pdf parser). And it's definitely faster, since it doesn't rasterize the pdf.
massyah is offline   Reply With Quote