View Single Post
Old 07-24-2012, 12:58 PM   #23
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
On Kindle Touch, 3G browser access is limited to amazon.com and wikipedia.org. That said, I think it is totally worth paying for the 3G model (though I got mine for only $110 at Walmart).
Even a new kindle touch 3G can access any web page (unless a very recent update changed that) by using the "social networking" app, navigating to facebook, turning on article mode, and clicking a posted link to google. Then from google, "the world is your oyster". No jailbreak or hack needed.

For some reason, the youtube video showing this no longer exists. But there are written instructions using Twitter instead of Facebook here. I will not post a link, but you can use your Google skills if you are interested. The page in question claims they copied their instructions from a DELETED MobileRead page (even though it does not use any jailbreak hack or other modification).

The point is, you CAN access any web page if you know what options to select in the built-in kindle touch 3G menus. This has not been tested on the new 5.1.2 firmware, so perhaps they fixed it by now (or not).

Last edited by geekmaster; 07-29-2012 at 01:02 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote