View Single Post
Old 07-04-2008, 04:26 AM   #29
petermillard
Evangelist
petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, iPhone, K3 & Amazon - between them they cover my needs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hmls View Post
I wonder how many other Mac users out there don't know this little tidbit.
Ummm.. I may be missing the point here, but while Mac OS has had this forever, I think, every PC I've ever used since Win 95 has exactly this same 'feature' - it's just how the wastebasket works; anything put into it can be removed if you need to, any time until you empty it - and only when you empty it are the files erased and the space freed up on your HD (or whatever other media you're using). Certainly XP works this way, and I'm pretty sure Vista does too...

Cheers, Pete.

Edit: Or does windows treat external drives differently?

Last edited by petermillard; 07-04-2008 at 05:05 AM. Reason: thought of something to add!
petermillard is offline   Reply With Quote