View Single Post
Old 09-01-2011, 10:04 AM   #1
max99
Addict
max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DXG, PW
is it possible to update the available RAM on the Kindle-DXG?

i recall reading a 'behind the cover' article on the kindle DX where the author took the machine apart to examine the underlying logic board. i'm pretty sure he claimed the CPU, RAM and sound card were user replaceable, can anyone confirm this?

the reason i ask is i'd like to upgrade the RAM in my DXG from 128 to 256M, like the K3. i'm running the new 3.2.1 firmware and whilst it runs nice and fast i'm thinking some additional RAM would make the machine that bit more snappy, especially in the web browser.
max99 is offline   Reply With Quote