View Single Post
Old 09-21-2009, 07:44 AM   #67
ahi
Wizard
ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDBoblo View Post
Hahaha...I don't work with children, but that was interesting, if a bit of a caricature. Blending the question/reason principles into other styles is advantageous and much less time-consuming. That teacher also looked at it from the perspective of participation and student interest, which is also a somewhat important, but limited perspective and in many places has led to little more than a transformation of the teacher into a clown or entertainer, where job security depends primarily on popularity.
Isn't that how it worked (at least regarding the last part) in universities of olden days?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDBoblo View Post
I could write a huge post on the way teaching works in Asia, but I'm trying to avoid it, because I think it will just put me in a bad mood.
Be morose! That's a post I want to read.

- Ahi
ahi is offline   Reply With Quote