View Single Post
Old 03-01-2009, 06:01 PM   #14
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
That makes no sense to me. I can't act as if they don't exist, they do, and in a big way. If we don't shout or make our voices heard, digital lockdown, culture trapped by corporations will remain the norm. As to what I do to combat this, I'm part of a few organisations that actively campaign against DRM, I'll be offering my writing in DRM, ePub standard and I buy DRM-free or don't buy at all.

Campaigining for standards adoption shouldn't really be a bone of contention. It benefits everyone.
I was just trying to expand your thinking but from your statement you are taking concrete steps to get what you want outside of Amazon which I think is a good thing.

Could the fact that Amazon was selling DRM free music part of the push that was necessary for Apple to go DRM free as well? It may take competition from an outside source to get Amazon to change it's stance (or maybe just time).
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote