View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 11:46 AM   #25
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by justywusty View Post
i had troubles installing the 2.4.0 update via wifi, so i'm going to do it this way. when i connected to my kobo, i noticed that there's a file called "kobo update 2.4.0.zip" in the .kobo folder from the failed wifi attempts...should i delete that file (is it safe)?

It should be safe to delete that file. The Kobo upgrade routine would unpack it during the upgrade process and delete it after that. What I am curious about is if you could get some information about the file before deleting it. File size, hash if you can generate that, copy the file to your computer and unpack it to see if the files inside are corrupted, any other information you can come up with. Mostly to see if the file is corrupted during the WiFi sync or if the Kobo upgrade is simply not seeing and unpacking the file.

Regards,
David
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote