View Single Post
Old 09-16-2012, 04:59 PM   #29
markom
Banned
markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs t1 kindle dx ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnGalt View Post
I noticed the same thing. I'm not satisfied with my solution, but I have made these files visible by reducing the zoom factor. On most of the Archive.org PDFs, you can view them at 150% okay, but 100% seems to be always safe for me. When you zoom in too much, it becomes an essentially blank page.
There is also a lot quicker way to convert djvu's to pdf using free djview viewer, but ocr layer will be lost.

http://djvulibre-djview.software.informer.com/

It took me about 5 minutes on my slow laptop to convert(export) above mentioned (hiddenchurchofho00waituoft 746 pages 22 MB) djvu to pdf at 150 ppi and 75% jpeg.

created pdf is 5x bigger, 110 MB, but easily readable on e-readers and tablets.

Last edited by markom; 09-16-2012 at 07:28 PM.
markom is offline   Reply With Quote